SOCIAL MEDIA

And Here She is...

11.04.2007

the friendly witch! She had a blast on Halloween, we all did. In the morning we had a party to attend downtown at the community building (same as last year) and it was even cooler now that she had little buddies to meet there. Lots of dancing, playing instruments, listening to stories, singing and of course some yummy snacks to be had (pretzels and applesauce - something that a mom can appreciate!). Then off trick-or-treating that evening all together as a family. All the businesses downtown stayed open for trick-or-treating specifically for the kiddos (and we heard great things about it) so that is what we opted to do. It was really nice because we could make our stops pretty consistently, all the businesses did something a bit special for the kids and Zoey was pretty sure to make out with "safe" goodies for her bag. She actually made out like a bandit, the funniest thing I think was the point at which her bag got really heavy and no matter how many times Ethan or I offered to carry it for her, she stated over and over that no, she would carry it, thanks. That along with her knuckle white grip on that bag of candy made for a good laugh and made me recall all the joys of being a kid again at halloween and how my favorite part was the part about getting home after trick-or-treating and dumping out all my candy and then sorting all the goods according to my favorites. So cool that we get to live through all of this again now as parents.
Molly said...

Zoey looks so cute. I feel bad I haven't gotten around to making costumes with/for them. My mom was always good about that. Your Halloween sounds awesome. I love patronizing main street, and to do it on Halloween, that's a great idea.