SOCIAL MEDIA

Holiday Fun...

12.20.2007
I saw this holiday questionnaire on Lisa's blog and thought it would be a fun way to share some Christmas fun!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper

2. Real tree or artificial? We have an artificial just for safety reasons in our tiny home but I long for the day that we can have real again (what I grew up with)

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? Second week of January

5. Do you like eggnog? I don't think so!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmmm...I loved getting Nancy Drew books!

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, and we also just got this one especially for Zoey and she loooooves playing with it and the little baby Jesus that is included!

8. Hardest person to buy for? I am lucky, pretty much everyone is easy to buy for (or create for!).

9. Easiest person to buy (create) for? My little sister Bailey!

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? Well, I actually have one for this. When I was about in third grade a neighbor boy (who shall remain nameless) came over and gave me a plastic pretend nose that you were to wear over your own nose (for dress up) and before giving it to me he blew his nose into it! YUCK! Horrible gift and pretty much made me never want to play with him ever again!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street and StepMom

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December something or other...

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I plead the fifth on this one!

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Mom’s Ginger Snaps (Evie Kiddo's Recipe), Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies, Little Smokies, Cranberry Cheese, Brie Cheese, Salami, Crackers, Ethan's Christmas Eve Chili and a glass of red wine!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear (white).

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night and Amazing Grace.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I love being at home for our actual "family" Christmas and enjoy seeing family close thereafter.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Well, I just tried and came up with five...

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When I was little it was always Christmas Eve, loved that. Now with Zoey we've celebrated with her Christmas morning just due to her energy level being better after a full nights rest. Ethan and I always spend the night before getting everything ready and enjoying time together relaxing and having special snacks. I'm thinking that in the next couple of years or so we'll be able to celebrate with Zoey on Christmas Eve as well.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people.

23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? Not sure if it counts as being "silly" but my family would always hide little gifts in the branches of our Christmas Tree and now we do the same. It was always so fun to think that we were all done opening gifts and then to realize that there were some more little somethings tucked away in the branches of the tree.

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Not really fond of the individual strands of silver tinsel.

25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I love both.

26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Ditto, I love both!

27. Do you like Fruitcake? Nope!