SOCIAL MEDIA

Mini Art Journal Journey - Week Forty-Nine

12.11.2007

This week's prompt for the mini journal challenge with Emily was: time flies. So many ways that I could have gone with this one and it was tempting to do my card on Zoey because there are so many times that I look at her and cannot believe that she is now a little girl instead of a little babe. Also was tempted on doing something regarding Ethan and I when we were young and dating (so many fun photos from that time period!). In the end I decided to do one on my friend Joleen. She is one of those friends that has been around the longest, has seen all the changes, been there for all the ups and downs. Has really stuck with me and pulled through for me whenever I needed her. The way that this ties in with this week's theme is that it seems that I am always thinking of her and always meaning to pick up the phone and call or sit down and write a note, but it seems that I never do! It seems that there is always something that needs doing and before you know it whole months have gone by with no contact! I think the last time that we spoke or saw one another was maybe two years ago! There have been emails, but that just isn't the same. It is crazy how fast time flies!
Sarah Coggins said...

Awesome mini page - I like the full photo with embellishments on top. Completely get what you mean. My best friend is 2 states away. Sometimes we go a week; sometimes 6 months in between a real conversation. But it's always heartwarming to realize that no matter how much time passes, we can pick right back up where we left off. :)

Marjolein said...

Love it! Great card!

Marjolein said...

Forgot to say that I hope you don't get sick! I never had the flu shot before.... now I had it... and I got sick....isn't that weird?

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

gprgepis card!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so guilty of this, just terrible at picking up the phone.
Love your card, and I had a look at your other stuff, the album with the photos of your daughter is just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love your card!!

Je@net said...

Love it! Beautiful card!!