SOCIAL MEDIA

Cocoa Daisy's Spring Crop

4.26.2009
Time

I've been having lots of fun participating in the Cocoa Daisy Crop this weekend. I participated in some of the free classes that they offered online (and plan to participate in more of them as they will still be available after the crop is done). One of the classes was on creating handcut titles and was taught by Anja Wade. The above layout was one that I created a title by cutting out block style letters.

Below is one of my script titles that I wrote and then cut out using a craft knife.

Hand-cut Title

Here is an art journal type page that I did using that title. This layout also was for one of the challenges on the Cocoa Daisy messege board.

remember

This layout was for another one of the challenges and we were to journal on our layout about what it is that spring means to us...

Springtime

One of the fun things about online crops is all the fun and often times silly games that go on throughout the duration of the crop. There was one thread where everyone was to share older pictures of themselves and to share a brief memory attached to the photos...these were my photo shares:

Crop Challenge Photo

Above is me and my (back then) boyfriend before my junior prom.

Crop Challenge Photo

This picture is me and my mom in Tarpon Springs, Florida. I have so many good memories of times spent there...I look kind of grumpy, but if I remember correctly, I was just waking up.

Another one of the fun "get to know you" games on the messege board was to share a favorite film that has somehow insired you. One of the ones that I shared was the film Reality Bites. I love the choppy style of how the film was actually shot. The music is cool, the 90's style takes me back to younger days and it probably helps that I know the movie by heart from watching it so many times! I actually still have my VHS cassette of this film from my high school days.



Super fun stuff...the crop is still going on today, so if you're around stop on over! There will be a celebrity chat going on later today with none other than Ali Edwards herself!
mean mom productions said...

Cool crop time! Great job.

Chanda said...

Holy smokes! Your daughter looks JUST LIKE YOU when you were little.

Lisa Carroll said...

Those are all beautiful layouts. My favorite is definitely the first on. And your hand cut titles are awesome too!

missquiss said...

I'm so glad you were able to hang out with us this weekend! It was soo much fun. I love your hand cut titles - they came out awesome!

Vicky said...

WOW! Jen, your LOs are wonderful! That's really neat, cutting out your titles.