SOCIAL MEDIA

Beach Word Book + a Daisy Update

7.14.2010
I've been pretty busy around here as of late. Trying to get in my last projects for the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show (still have some last minute product being sent my way to create with for the show) always proves to be challenging and then with work and some unexpected car repairs requiring our one vehicle to be in the shop has made for an exceptionally busy (and somewhat trying) past several days. Oh, and then there is work of course and trying to enjoy some of these days of summer that are going by waaaaaaaay too quickly!

Speaking of work, here is what my newest class will be next month for Paper Studio. I altered one of SEI's word mini-books using papers from Cosmo Cricket's De Lovely Collection. I love the colors and am looking forward to teaching this next month.

Beach Mini-Word Book

Beach Mini-Word Book

Another something exciting around here is the fact that we've gotten to see Daisy the Caterpillar create it's Chrysalis...it's been pretty amazing for all of us and made me dig out my copy of Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus. Quite possibly one of my favorite books of all time. Love the story, love the message and love the illustrations in this book. It also has special memories from my childhood attached to it. I guess watching the whole metamorphosis of the caterpillar turning into the butterfly made me think about this book again and helped to remind me how amazing life truly is and how it is that I want to live and show my appreciation for mine.

Chrysalis

Off now to work on some projects while Zoey is in bed...than I'll be taking her lead and catching some z's myself!

post signature

Keshet said...

Super cute!

Vicky said...

Wow! Daisy's process is amazing! It happened so fast :) I'll have to check out that book.

Love your Beach album, looking forward to your class (as a bunch of others are also :)

What a busy summer for you! How cool, you'll have projects at CHA! and I hope your car is feeling lots better ;)

Unknown said...

What a cute book! Can't wait to see Daisy transform. That's definitely a scrapbook page waiting to happen. Looking forward to your CHA projects.

Sarah said...

I love this book! It's got such a beach feel to it! Great job!