SOCIAL MEDIA

some scrappy news!

6.17.2011
About 6 months ago I stepped down from designing for the Creative Imaginations design team. I had been designing for them since 2008 and am so thankful for the opportunity that Cheryl presented to me when offering me the invitation to join the team. I grew with that company and learned the ins and outs of the industry and Cheryl became a sort of creative mentor to me. For that I am so thankful. The deciding factors in my making the hard decision of stepping down from the team were personal ones. My daughter was sick and we didn't know exactly what was going on, I made a major job change, we were in the process of looking to buy our first home, Ethan wasn't sure about the future of his job with the budget bill passing in Wisconsin, etc., etc., etc. I was exhausted to put it mildly. Well, here I am several months later and I am loving my new job, Zoey's doing better, we are in a new home and Ethan's feeling better about work. I am feeling rejuvenated and better than ever! That means that I'm feeling the desire to create again and work with my hands. And it feels so good to be in this place again! I think the reason that I didn't share or write about my decision to step down from CI was because it was such a hard one to make and a part of me was greatly saddened by it. I think it's in part because I'm such a ying and yang girl (can't share the bad without some good) I didn't share it because I didn't really have anything good to share with it to balance it out.  I'm like that when it comes to everything...it drives my parents and close family crazy as they never find out when something is wrong until I've figured out something that will make it better or to balance out the negative.  Anyways...

The crazy, exciting news is that I recently have been invited to join the We R Memory Keepers design team. I am so excited for the new challenges that will come with designing for a new company. I am looking forward to a fresh perspective, of course getting to use new products and tools and to just be creating again on a regular basis.  I love We R's products and already use them on my own crafting projects so I'm excited to be using them for design work now as well. So thankful for this door to have opened for me and that it was at the right time in my life as well.

Here is a little mini-album that I made using an older collection from We R Memory Keepers a couple of years ago.

12 Ways We Know the Holiday's are on the Way!

12 Ways Mini Collage

And this was a money holder card that I made using the same collection.

Holiday Money Holder Card

Feeling so happy and thankful at the moment!

post signature
Sandie said...

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic. I can't wait to see what you create. You'll do amazing work, I'm sure. I'm glad to hear about your little one too, and that life is going so well for all of you. I'm going to follow your blog. The first thing I noticed was your affirmations. I've been working with a program that I purchased, that uses a lot of affirmations. It's something I've never done before, and it shows. I've started to do them this month, and it's already made a huge impact on my world.

Linda Beeson said...

I so love We R Memory Keepers and I know you are going to have fun with your new assignment. I hear you on the trials of leaving other things, etc.

Connie Mercer said...

AWESOME news!!! congrats!

Diana Waite said...

Glad to hear that things are back to a "normal" state. :) Congrats on the new DT gig--you will ROCK the papers from We R Memory Keepers--they have GREAT product!

Margie Higuchi said...

It's hard when things on the home front are tough but it seems to be settled and things are looking up!

Congrats on WRMK DT!! Can't wait to see what you all create!!

Patty said...

Congratulations Jen! They're very lucky to have you on their DT!

Sarah said...

I'm very late, but I am so excited for you! What a wonderful company to work for, and they are so lucky to have you. I can't wait to see what you will create with their things! Congratulations!