SOCIAL MEDIA

Kid Craft: How to Make a Planetarium

8.11.2012
DSC07651

There is a little boy that we know that is really into stars, constellations and meteor showers at the moment so I was doing a little research on projects that would be age appropriate and fun for him that would celebrate his current interests.  I found a neat little project online on how to create your own planetarium, so this morning I got busy.

DSC07652

It was a pretty quick project to put together.  The supply list and instructions can be found here. I covered a shoe box with colored papers after I had cut my rectangle and circle and then decorated using shapes cut from my Silhouette machine.  The papers with the constellations on them I found online as well and I printed them off and then backed them with longer strips of paper and taped a large needle inside the box so that Tyler can poke his own holes in the constellation cards to create the finished project.  Something good for fine motor skills as well.

DSC07653

I printed off some info that I found regarding the meteor showers this year and stapled it all together for him and will give it to him along with his planetarium.

DSC07647

Kind of a fun little project!
LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

This is such an amazing science craft!! I love your colors, and the final creation came out great!! Just posted on Craft Gossip! Be sure to watch the huge meteor shower tonight!!!

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=6759

Jennifer Davis said...

Thanks for the share Kristen! :) It was a fun project to do!