SOCIAL MEDIA

On Zoey's Book List

10.14.2012
It's so exciting that Zoey is reading books that are books that I am able to genuinely enjoy as well! She is becoming a very mature and seasoned reader as well as a bit distinguished when it comes to what she will spend her time reading and what she will not, (there have been one or two books that have been brought home from school to read  for her required reading that she hasn't been thrilled about).  Her love of reading makes my heart so happy as I have so many fond memories of reading and of favorite (and some life-changing) books from when I was young and I want the same for her.  I still can vividly remember reading Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner in my bedroom and having my mom walk in to my sobbing and wondering what was wrong (it was the book). I want those same connections for Zoey. I thought I'd compile a list here of some of the titles that are on her list of "To Read" books as well as some that she's currently reading.


The Secret Tree by Natalie Standiford

Zoey is currently reading The Secret Tree and so far she loves it!  We ordered it from her last Scholastic book order from school and I'm so glad that we did.  She loves a good mystery (and the intrigue of secrets) and this fits the bill!


About Average by Andrew Clements

About Average is another Scholastic book order purchase, we'll be starting this one next...it sounds like a great read for Zoey and others around her age, exploring and sharing the idea that there is something special about each and every one of us.


Wonder by R.J. Palacio

Wonder is a book that I am really excited about getting.  I ordered it from Amazon after getting a rave review from a friend that it was just an amazing book and fostered a place for some wonderful heartfelt conversations with your child about individuals that are different, acceptance and being brave.  I cannot wait to read this myself!



The rest of the books in this post are books that are on our list of possible Christmas books...I always feel so good about giving books, they can always be re-read or passed on to friends or donated to libraries.




Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood


The Great Unexpected by Sharon Creech


The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes


Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink


The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillow


May B. by Caroline Starr Rose



In Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson (This is a series of books that I actually had when I was young and I LOVED them!  They are stories that are told in a familiar fashion, with some biblical lessons throughout, all with a beautiful moral life lesson to be learned.).

Soon I will share what is on my reading list!  Happy reading!  

post signature